Causes of erectile dysfunction in men have a wide range, and each reason has its treatment.
Several causes have harsh adverse effects on men’s sexual function.
Avoiding or reducing the causes of ED can help you prevent or mitigate erection problems.
Let’s uncover the causes of erectile dysfunction in men.
what are the main causes of erectile dysfunction in men?
1 | smoking
Cigarette smoking can increase both risks of heart diseases and ED.
For this reason, stopping smoking improves not only your overall health but also reverse the phenomenons that support erectile disorders.
2 | Obesity
Obesity is responsible for many health problems such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, and dyslipidemia.
Obesity is one of the primary causes of erectile dysfunction because of hormonal imbalance, endothelial dysfunction, insulin resistance, psychological factors, and physical inactivity.
So, without a doubt, losing weight can help you treat ED.
3 | Heart diseases
Studies show the association between ED and ischaemic heart disease IHD and atherosclerosis.
Other studies tell that erectile dysfunction in younger men can be a strong sign of future cardiac issues.
4 | High blood pressure
High blood pressure lead to damages such as narrow arteries.
For that reason, the blood flow to the penis decrease that results in erection problems.
5 | Some medications
Some drugs for the treatment of hypertension are likely to cause ED.
Studies show that atorvastatin that is used to improve cholesterol levels and decrease the risk for heart problems can increase the chance of getting erectile dysfunction.
Thiazide diuretic is another medicine that is prescribed for the treatment of hypertension, can affect men's sexual dysfunction.
The other drugs that can cause ED are such as thiazide, spironolactone, digoxin, phenothiazines, allopurinol, indomethacin, fibrates, and antidepressants.
6 | Depression
Depression is one of the strong causes of erectile dysfunction, but the relationship is not clear.
7 | anxiety
Anxiety plays a significant role in sexual dysfunction. Stress and anxiety sharply decrease sexual performance.
8 | Other diseases
Some health problems and diseases can be causes of erectile dysfunction in men. For example:
- Hyperprolactinemia endocrine diseases
- Liver dysfunction
- Pyrone disease
Where Can I Find The best natural enhancement supplement for erectile dysfunction?
Viasil is premium quality and natural MALE PERFORMANCE ENHANCER for a safe and clinically tested erectile dysfunction formula. It contains Panax Ginseng root, zinc, Citrus Sinensis, Ginkgo Biloba, Pomegranate, and Tribulus Terrestris.
Disclosure: There’re a couple of affiliate links, which means we may get a little commission if you purchase.
- Kovac, J. R., Labbate, C., Ramasamy, R., Tang, D., & Lipshultz, L. I. (2015). Effects of cigarette smoking on erectile dysfunction. Andrologia, 47(10), 1087–1092. https://doi.org/10.1111/and.12393
- Skrypnik, D., Bogdański, P., & Musialik, K. (2014). Otyłość–istotny czynnik ryzyka zaburzeń potencji u mezczyzn [Obesity–significant risk factor for erectile dysfunction in men]. Polski merkuriusz lekarski : organ Polskiego Towarzystwa Lekarskiego, 36(212), 137–141.
- Ibrahim, A., Ali, M., Kiernan, T. J., & Stack, A. G. (2018). Erectile Dysfunction and Ischaemic Heart Disease. European cardiology, 13(2), 98–103. https://doi.org/10.15420/ecr.2017.21.3
- Inman, B. A., Sauver, J. L., Jacobson, D. J., McGree, M. E., Nehra, A., Lieber, M. M., Roger, V. L., & Jacobsen, S. J. (2009). A population-based, longitudinal study of erectile dysfunction and future coronary artery disease. Mayo Clinic proceedings, 84(2), 108–113. https://doi.org/10.4065/84.2.108
- Javaroni, V., & Neves, M. F. (2012). Erectile dysfunction and hypertension: impact on cardiovascular risk and treatment. International journal of hypertension, 2012, 627278. https://doi.org/10.1155/2012/627278
- Nurkalem, Z., Yildirimtürk, Ö., Özcan, K. S., Kul, Ş., Çanga, Y., Satılmış, S., Bozbeyoğlu, E., & Kaya, C. (2014). The effect of rosuvastatin and atorvastatin on erectile dysfunction in hypercholesterolaemic patients. Kardiologia polska, 72(3), 275–279. https://doi.org/10.5603/KP.a2013.0287
- Chang, S. W., Fine, R., Siegel, D., Chesney, M., Black, D., & Hulley, S. B. (1991). The impact of diuretic therapy on reported sexual function. Archives of internal medicine, 151(12), 2402–2408.
- Seidman S. N. (2002). Exploring the relationship between depression and erectile dysfunction in aging men. The Journal of clinical psychiatry, 63 Suppl 5, 5–25.
- Suzuki, E., Nishimatsu, H., Oba, S., Takahashi, M., & Homma, Y. (2014). Chronic kidney disease and erectile dysfunction. World journal of nephrology, 3(4), 220–229. https://doi.org/10.5527/wjn.v3.i4.220
- Kaplan H. S. (1988). Anxiety and sexual dysfunction. The Journal of clinical psychiatry, 49 Suppl, 21–25.