Probiotics help good bacteria to increase and support them against the harmful bacteria in your gut.
If the population of good intestinal bacteria falls, gastrointestinal problems such as bloating, constipation, and diarrhea are very likely.
For that reason, we should back up the population density of good bacteria by probiotics to improve both gut and overall health.
Here we have rounded up the best probiotics for weight loss.
Table of Contents
Best Probiotic Pill – Overall: VitaPost Probiotic 40-Billion
Best For Belly Fat: SkinnyFit Belly Balance Probiotic Supplement
Best Natural Weight Management: Provitalize
Best To Get Optimal Weight: Maryruth’s
Best For Bloating And Weight Loss: GNC PROBIOTIC SOLUTIONS WITH ENZYMES
Best For Women’s Weight Loss: Renew Life Ultimate Flora Women’s Vaginal Probiotic 50 Billion
Best For Men’s Weight Loss: Raw Refrigerated Probiotics for Men
Do probiotics help with weight loss?
Taking probiotics has plenty of benefits. They may help you lose weight.
How they can help humans to lose weight is not clear, but some pieces of evidence show links between probiotics and weight loss.
Let’s begin to uncover the best probiotics for weight loss.
The Best Probiotics for Weight Loss
Bacteroidetes and firmicutes are two types of intestinal bacteria that are linked to your weight.
Interestingly the population of firmicutes is higher in obese people. Bacteroides, on the other hand, found more in lean people.
For that reason, growing the population of Bacteroides may help controlling obesity.
The following are the best probiotics for weight loss.
1. Lactobacillus Fermentum
The findings of a study on both female and male mice show that L. fermentum can improve abnormal lipid metabolism. That is, LF has protective effects on liver damage caused by obesity.
Also, that study shows the anti-obesity effect of L. fermentum on mice who were on a high-fat diet.
Therefore that type of probiotics can prevent gaining weight in case of a high-fat diet.
That's why Lactobacillus fermentum can be on the list of the best probiotics for weight loss.
2. Lactobacillus Ramnosus
L. ramnosus are the friendly bacteria that live in your intestines.
They come from a bacteria family called Lactobacillus, which breaks down the lactose to lactic acid.
According to a massive number of studies, L. ramnosus has Various health benefits for humans. For example, the treatment of diarrhea and gastrointestinal infections.
Studies tell that probiotics affect the composition of the microbial community in the gastrointestinal and may help with obesity.
A study on obese women and men for over five months shows that L. rhamnosus supplementation can help overweight women with weight loss.
Also, other studies on mice show compelling evidence that LR probiotics may lower the weight gained and mitigate lipid accumulation.
3. Lactobacillus Gasseri
Lactobacillus gasseri is a positive lactic acid bacteria that live in a place where oxygen doesn't exist.
Good sources of this type of Firmicutes are fermented foods such as yogurt, pickles, kefir, and sauerkraut.
A study on 62 overweight people for 12 weeks shows that L. gasseri may be useful in reducing weight, hip, and waist.
4. Lactobacillus Amylourus
Lactobacillus amylovorus is a microbiota That is beneficial for the health and lives in the gastrointestinal tract of the pig.
A study shows that daily intake of L. amylouruscontaining may have positive effects on preventing obesity in pre-obese healthy people.
The Best Probiotic Supplement For Weight Loss
1. Best Probiotic Pill - Overall
VitaPost Probiotic 40-Billion is a blend of best rated bacteria that support digestive tract and digestive flora.
These capsules are made using FDA registered facilities that comply with GMP guidelines.
Probiotic 40-Billion Ingredients are:
- Lactobacillus Acidophilus - These are good bacteria that produce lactic acid which fight bad bacteria. They may help lower cholesterol, prevent and reduce diarrhea, ease signs of irritable bowel syndrome, treat and prevent vaginal infections.
- Lactobacillus Plantarum - It has significant antioxidant activities that support the intestinal walls.
- Bifidobacterium Lactis - B. lactis may have supportive effects on the immune system in adults. They may help to reduce weight and body fat. An analysis of several studies shows that probiotics such as Bifidobacterium lactis effective for fat loss and in the treatment of obesity.
- Lactobacillus Paracasei - L. Paracasei is a part of gut flora that are essential for balance of good bacteria in your gut.
This probiotic supplement can support:
- The Immune System
- A Healthy Urinary Tract
- Healthy Digestive Function
- Balanced Gut Flora
- Healthy Skin
It can help to improve bowel movements and reduce symptoms of gastritis according to their customer reviews.
Switching to a healthy diet including cutting down on fast food and taking Probiotic 40-Billion can help you to lose weight.
2. Best Probiotic For Belly Fat
SkinnyFit Belly Balance Probiotic Supplement is formulated for daily gut health.
These vegetarian capsules promote healthy digestion, regulate bowel movement, and support the immune system.
SkinnyFit Belly Balance helps improve your gut balance. It is a blend of strains that are resistant to stomach acid. It contains probiotics, kombucha, fibers and prebiotics to help ease problems with bloating,irritable bowel, and constipation.
Belly Balance also helps improve the mood and lower stress. Its all-natural ingredients are as listed below.
- Bacillus coagulans - B. Coagulans are useful for irritable bowel syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, constipation, intestinal gas.
- Inulin - Inulin is used to reduce high Blood lipids (or blood fats), such as, cholesterol and triglycerides. People also use inulin to lose weight and alleviate constipation.
- Fungal Protease
- Fungal Lactase
- Fungal Lipase
3. Best Natural Weight Management Probiotic
Provitalize is an everyday probiotic supplement that is optimized for weight control and improving gut health.
Provitalize helps you to,
- Reduce fats and lose weight
- Increase your gut flora
- Stop food craving
- Strengthen your immune system
4. Best Probiotic To Get Optimal Weight
Maryruth’s contains 50 billion CFSs of excellent bacteria alongside Garcinia Cambogia, Morosil, and green tea.
This probiotic supplement is vegan-friendly, non-GMO. It doesn't have sugar, gluten, dairy, sugar, or soy.
5. Best Probiotic For Bloating And Weight Loss
GNC PROBIOTIC SOLUTIONS WITH ENZYMES is multi-strain probiotic with an enzyme blend & ginger. It means this supplement provides a wide spectrum of strain that May boost the digestive & immune system.
What makes the GNC Probiotic Solutions with Enzymes a great choice?
- Contains live and active probiotic cultures
- Multi-enzyme blend and ginger to support digestive system
- Probiotic FOS
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
6. Best Probiotic For Women's Weight Loss
Here are the best probiotic supplements on the market that are specially formulated for women.
These vegetable capsules contain probiotics as follows.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus
- Lactobacillus plantarum
- Lactobacillus gasseri
- Lactobacillus casei
- Lactobacillus salivarius
- Lactobacillus brevis
What makes this probiotic supplement best for women?
- Provides great amount of Lactobacillus acidophilus to promote vaginal health
- 50 billion CFUs (10 unique strains)
- Contains a balance of probiotics to hold back negative bacteria
- Helps restore favorable bacteria in the intestines
- Improves digestive & immune system
- Increase absorption in your gut
- Contains bifidobacteria to increase colon health
It provides a wide range of probiotics such as:
- Lactobacillus acidophilus - they help you to improve heart health and treat diarrhea.
- Lactobacillus rhamnosus - They may help you lose weight and belly fat, treat diarrhea. They also are effective to support the brain and relieve constipation.
- L. CASEI - They can help with digestive problems such as lactose intolerance, constipation, vaginal and urinary tract infections.
- L. PLANTARUM
- BIFIDOBACTERIUM BIFIDUM - These probiotics live in the stomach and intestines. The body needs them to digest food and eliminate unhealthy bacteria.
- L. BULGARICUS - Research suggests that these probiotics may be beneficial to manage common cold, diarrhea because of antibiotics, and Inflammatory bowel diseases.
- B. LONGUM - It is counted as part of the gut flora. But it does not exist quite enough in the adult GI tract. It produces lactic acid. For that reason, it is thought to inhibit development of pathogens.
- L. SALIVARIUS - These are good bacteria that live in the human gastrointestinal tract. Lactobacillus salivarius has remedial features to suppress unhealthy bacteria. It can help people with irritable bowel syndrome to reduce the symptom flatulence.
- STREPTOCOCCUS THERMOPHILUS - They help people who are intolerant to lactose to digest dairy products better.
- Bifidobacterium lactis
- Bifidobacterium infantis
- B. BREVE - These are good bacteria that live in the intestines. They have been used for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome, constipation, and diarrhea.
7. Best Probiotic For Men's Weight Loss
Raw Refrigerated Probiotics for Men contains 85 billion cultures (31 probiotic strains).
RAW Probiotics Men is a raw full spectrum vegetarian capsule that is formulated specifically designed to meet the unique needs of men. RAW Probiotics Men offers 31 for men.
It also contains essential minerals, vitamins, and dairy-digesting enzymes to break down lactose and casein.
RAW Probiotics Men offers a wide range of health benefits for men such as:
- Supporting colon health and bowel regularity
- Improving the immune system function
- Supporting healthy microbial balance in your gut
- Increasing nutrient absorption
- Relieving gas
- Easing constipation
- Supporting prostate and heart health
- Segers, M. E., & Lebeer, S. (2014). Towards a better understanding of Lactobacillus rhamnosus GG–host interactions. Microbial cell factories, 13 Suppl 1(Suppl 1), S7. https://doi.org/10.1186/1475-2859-13-S1-S7
2. Sanchez, M., Darimont, C., Drapeau, V., Emady-Azar, S., Lepage, M., Rezzonico, E., Ngom-Bru, C., Berger, B., Philippe, L., Ammon-Zuffrey, C., Leone, P., Chevrier, G., St-Amand, E., Marette, A., Doré, J., & Tremblay, A. (2014). Effect of Lactobacillus rhamnosus CGMCC1.3724 supplementation on weight loss and maintenance in obese men and women. The British journal of nutrition, 111(8), 1507–1519. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0007114513003875
3. Mazloom, K., Siddiqi, I., & Covasa, M. (2019). Probiotics: How Effective Are They in the Fight against Obesity?. Nutrients, 11(2), 258. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu11020258
4. Kobyliak, N., Conte, C., Cammarota, G., Haley, A. P., Styriak, I., Gaspar, L., Fusek, J., Rodrigo, L., & Kruzliak, P. (2016). Probiotics in prevention and treatment of obesity: a critical view. Nutrition & metabolism, 13, 14. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12986-016-0067-0
5. Zhu, K., Tan, F., Mu, J., Yi, R., Zhou, X., & Zhao, X. (2019). Anti-Obesity Effects of Lactobacillus fermentum CQPC05 Isolated from Sichuan Pickle in High-Fat Diet-Induced Obese Mice through PPAR-α Signaling Pathway. Microorganisms, 7(7), 194. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms7070194
7. Jung, S. P., Lee, K. M., Kang, J. H., Yun, S. I., Park, H. O., Moon, Y., & Kim, J. Y. (2013). Effect of Lactobacillus gasseri BNR17 on Overweight and Obese Adults: A Randomized, Double-Blind Clinical Trial. Korean journal of family medicine, 34(2), 80–89. https://doi.org/10.4082/kjfm.2013.34.2.80
8. Kant, R., Paulin, L., Alatalo, E., de Vos, W. M., & Palva, A. (2011). Genome sequence of Lactobacillus amylovorus GRL1118, isolated from pig ileum. Journal of bacteriology, 193(12), 3147–3148. https://doi.org/10.1128/JB.00423-11
9. Sugawara, T., Sawada, D., Yanagihara, S., Aoki, Y., Takehara, I., Sugahara, H., Hirota, T., Nakamura, Y., & Ishikawa, S. (2020). Daily Intake of Paraprobiotic Lactobacillus amylovorus CP1563 Improves Pre-Obese Conditions and Affects the Gut Microbial Community in Healthy Pre-Obese Subjects: A Double-Blind, Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Study. Microorganisms, 8(2), 304. https://doi.org/10.3390/microorganisms8020304